Toledo Yacht Club
Founded in 1865, the Toledo Yacht Club is among the oldest yacht clubs in North America.
The first club house was erected in 1878 on Gard Island, near the mouth of the Ottawa River. In 1890, a more elaborate structure with sleeping rooms and a second floor was built.
When Bay View Park was developed, a twenty-five year lease was granted to the Toledo Yachting Association and a wood-frame club house was erected at the present site of the club in 1903.
In 1904, the club re-adopted the name, Toledo Yacht Club.
In 1906, fire destroyed the club and all of its historic contents. By 1908, a new steel-reinforced concrete, Spanish-style club house was built on the site. This historic building still remains basically the same and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 12, 1976.
In 2014, the Yacht Club contacted Erie Shores Paranormal to investigate the numerous claims of paranormal activity. The group was surprised by the amount of activity they encountered and recorded. Now, after many return visits to the Yacht Club, Erie Shores Paranormal teamed up with the Yacht Club to offer regular public ghost hunts. The money collected from ticket sales goes directly to the Toledo Yacht Club to help recover the cost of upkeep and repairs to this 107 year-old building.
Visit the Facebook page for Erie Shores Paranormal for your opportunity to visit this historic and haunted building today!
The Toledo Yacht Club is located at 3900 N Summit Street in Toledo.
Erie Shores Paranormal
The Toledo Yacht Club, Fringe Paranormal